5 SEO Campaign Essentials for Top Search Engine Ranking
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a necessary component of any successful business website. The internet has become the primary resource for information on everything, including the goods and services your company provides. Yet with all of the search engine hoops to jump through, an effective SEO campaign is surprisingly similar to a political campaign. You need to beat out your competitors and win over your public, in this case the search engines, to convince them you are most deserving of the top spot.
So how do you get the search engines’ votes? Will you need to hire a campaign staff, i.e. enlist outside assistance, to make it to the top? Take TopRank’s five SEO campaign essentials into account and ensure your website is elected to the highest search engine position.
- Plot Your Campaign Trail: Know what you ultimately want to achieve with your SEO campaign. Are you looking to increase your site traffic? Up your brand visibility among your target audience? Generate more leads? Solidifying your goals is a necessary step in deciding which SEO campaign tactics to deploy and how to measure your results.
- Staff Your Campaign Headquarters: Do you have the resources to implement your ideal SEO program? Or will you need the help of a seasoned campaign manager to reach your goals? Once you have established what you hope to attain with your SEO program, take a look at your capital, SEO knowledge, and bandwidth to decide what you can accomplish and what you will need help with.
- Count Your Votes Unlike a political campaign, you don’t have “yay or nay” votes to indicate your win: and even these are not always so clear-cut. Do you determine success by your website’s rankings for key terms in the search engines? Or by a change in organic website traffic over a given period of time? Reference the objectives you established in order to solidify precise metrics that will clearly indicate the success of your SEO campaign.
- Take Your Message to the People: Just like a candidate, you need to get your campaign message in front of an audience in order to sway those votes. Find your target audience online, rather than waiting for them to find you. Knowing where your prospective customers are interacting with one another online, and promoting your website as a resource within that space, can increase the reach of your SEO program and improve your ROI.
- Deliver on Your Campaign Promises: You need to make good on the initial ‘promises’ you made to the search engines in terms of the quality and relevancy of you website in order to maintain the top spot. As search engines are constantly upgrading the way in which they determine website rank, a good SEO program should adapt to survive and thrive in the changing online environment. A consistent, ongoing SEO program is your best bet to ensure you win your bid for reelection and continue to rank highly in the search engines.
Campaigning for the top slot in the search engines can be difficult. Your needs are unique, and you need to keep your goals clearly in mind in order to establish a campaign that will get you the ‘votes’ you need to exceed the competition. Good SEO consultants or in-house SEO specialists should use their expertise to establish individualized campaigns for each and every project.